Children and Youth
Teaching the Faith
We love our children! Children are welcome in our church services. Parents: please don't worry if the kids get the wiggles. We expect that.
Most parents are looking for a church that helps them teach their children the Christian faith and learn to walk in it. For now we offer for children and teens:
- Baptism on Sunday morning (see the clergy to schedule)
- a children's sermon every Sunday in the regular service.
- a Communion Class for second graders
- an opportunity for kids to serve as acolytes or readers.
- Back to School Sunday with the Blessing of the Backpacks.
- Nursery worker who entertains children if the wiggles are too great
Additionally our teenagers worship with us and participate in a variety of ways. We also offer
- Baptism and Confirmation Classes with mentoring
- Camp Gailor Maxon in June, our Episcopal summer camp at Dubose Conference Center
- Diocesan (area wide) youth events