Children and Youth
Teaching the Faith
We love our children! Children are welcome in our church services. Parents: please don't worry if the kids get the wiggles. We expect that.
Most parents are looking for a church that helps them teach their children the Christian faith and learn to walk in it. For now we offer for children and teens:
- Children's sermon every Sunday
- Children's Church during the sermon, creed and prayers in the Sunday Service.
- Communion Class for second graders
- Opportunity for kids to serve as acolytes or readers.
- Back to School Sunday with the Blessing of the Backpacks.
- Nursery worker for infants and toddlers
- Baptism on Sunday morning (see the clergy to schedule)
- Vacation Bible School in summer
Additionally our teenagers worship with us and participate in a variety of ways. We also offer
- Youth Group, Monthly on Wednesday 5:15PM.
- Baptism and Confirmation Classes with mentoring in the fall.
- Camp Gailor Maxon in June, our Episcopal summer camp at Dubose Conference Center
- Diocesan youth events (See )